VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Please note that the Consular hours are : 9.00 a.m. – 12.00 noon. If you need any visa or related information outside this time please send an email to: email@example.com. Enquiries via telephone on whether an application has been received after 12pm will not be entertained and should also be sent to this email address. Alternatively, applicants should use the tracking numbers provided by their couriers/Australian post to track their mail. APPLYING FOR A VISA: Citizens of Australia and New Zealand require visas to enter Kenya. Visas are available for a range of short term visits that include tourism/holiday, business, attending conferences/seminars and for family/friends visits. Single journey visas are valid for entry within ninety (90 days) from date of issue. Please note that duration of stay in the country will be specified on the visitor’s pass granted at the port of entry. The maximum duration is usually three months (90 days) from the date of entry. Visas are therefore authorization to enter and are NOT synonymous with the duration of stay in the country. Applicants wishing to stay in Kenya longer than three months (90 days) should contact the Department of Immigration, Nairobi for the relevant long-term permits or extension of their visitors’ passes ( visit www.immigration.go.ke for more information). Waiver of Visa Fees for Children Under 16 Years: The Government of Kenya has waved visa fees for all children under 16 years of age who are accompanying their parents to Kenya for holidays. CATEGORIES OF ENTRY VISAS TO THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA
- Single journey Visa, Issued to applicants travelling to Kenya for short-term purposes like tourism/holiday, to attend a conference/meeting/seminar, family/friends visit and for business purposes such as board meetings, official government function, UN meetings etc…
- Transit Visa-. Issued for periods not exceeding three days to persons whose nationalities require visas to enter Kenya and who intend to transit through Kenya to a different destination.
- Diplomatic/Courtesy Visa- Issued to Diplomats and holders of official passports traveling to the Republic of Kenya for official government business/functions.
- East African Tourist Visa– Issued to any eligible foreigner who wants to visit simultaneously the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda for tourism. The holder of the East Africa Tourist Visa shall enter from the country that issued the visa and move within the two other countries without applying for another visa or paying another visa fee. Application for EATV can be lodged at the Diplomatic missions of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda, or at the Immigration offices.East African Tourist Visa Application Form. Please note that EATV is for multiple entries within the three countries.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR A VISA Entry visas to the Republic of Kenya are available on application at the high commission in Canberra, at the ports of entry and online through www.evisa.go.ke. PROCEDURE FOR MANUAL APLICATION. Complete and sign Form Visa.pdf (Form 22). (Please note that the double transit visa is no longer being issued) The form contains instructions on the visa requirements and the application process. Applicants must submit a valid passport with sufficient number of unused pages for endorsements of visa label. The passport must be signed and valid for at least six months.
- Visa Fee – Payable to The Kenya High Commission in either Money Order, Bank/Company Cheque or Cash. (personal cheques are not accepted)
- Two recent passport size photographs (to be glued on the form)
- Copy of flight printout/itinerary. Applicants travelling by road need to include their overland itinerary indicating the dates and border point at which they will enter Kenya. Applicants must also ensure that their proposed date of entry is confirmed as visas cannot be amended after they have been issued. Should the date of entry change for whatever reason, applicants will need to apply for another visa.
- Visa applicants attending a conference or travelling for business purposes should provide an invitation from inviting (host) company/organization in Kenya.
- Pre-paid, self-addressed, return envelope (platinum, or express post with signature or registered) or courier bag. Please note that normal express post envelopes will no longer be accepted.
- New Zealand applicants should enclose AU$ 15 for postage for a single application. If more than one application (2 or more passports), then enclose AU$ 23 for postage.
NOTE: * New Zealand post coupons are not applicable – please do not send them to the High Commission. * Visa processing at the High Commission takes approximately 5 business days. PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION
- Go to www.evisa.go.ke and click on create eVisa account.
- Once logged in, select department of Immigration services.
- Select submit Application.
- Select Kenyan visa.
- Select the type of visa and read the instructions carefully.
- Fill in the application form.
- Pay using visa card, MasterCard and other debit cards.
- Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eVisa account.
- Present your printed eVisa to the Immigration officer at the port of entry.
POINTS TO NOTE
- Visa processing fee is non-refundable.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The possession of a Visa is not the final authority to enter the Republic of Kenya.
- Engaging in any form of commercial business or employment without a requisite permit of pass is an offence.
- A visa is required prior to entry into the Republic of Kenya.
- The eVisa printout must be presented at the port of entry.
- That Visas will be valid for entry within 90 days (3 months) from the date of issue.
VISA FEES: The application fees for visas are as follows:
- Single entry – AUD 75
- Transit – AUD 40 (Please note that the double transit visa is no longer being issued)
- Referred visa – AUD 20 (initial application for approval). Once the application is approved, the fees for the single entry visa will be payable)
- East African Tourist Visa – AUD$140
NB: PLEASE REMOVE AND RETAIN THE AUSTRALIAN PASSPORTS’ WALLET/SLEEVE AS WELL AS IMMUNIZATION CERTIFICATES WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION. WHILE EVERY CARE IS TAKEN WHEN HANDLING THE APPLICATIONS, THE MISSION CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR THE LOSS/MISPLACEMENT OF THESE ITEMS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION. REFERRED VISA INFORMATION: The following nationals and/or categories of persons require Referred Visa
- North Korea
- Holders of Certificate of Identity; Travel Document; or Stateless Persons and holders of the United Nations Refugee Travel Documents.
- Two passport size photographs
- Two sets of visa application forms duly filled (Form 22)
- A letter of visa request (from the applicant)and signed by the applicant
- An invitation letter from the host
- A certified copy of the host’s ID Card, if Kenyan
- A certified copy of a letter from UNHCR if the host is a refugee
- A certified copy of the host’s passport (bio-data page) and the pages where permit or residency permit has been endorsed if Non-Kenyan;
- Copy of tentative flight itinerary
- Referral visa Fee AU$.20
- When approved, the applicant will pay AU$75 for a single entry visa.
- Pre-paid self-addressed registered or platinum envelope for return of passport (s).
- Valid Passport/Travel Document endorsed with a valid Australian Visa
- Waiting period is up to 3 months
NB: Applications are then forwarded to the Immigration Department in Nairobi for processing. To view the form you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don’t already have it, click here to get the latest version Please ensure that the visa form is correctly filled, with photographs and the correct fee enclosed before submitting your application to ensure prompt processing of your application. All Questions on the form must be answered to avoid delay. Vaccination Certificate(s) Immunization against yellow fever, Cholera and anti-malaria prevention medication are recommended, but are not mandatory. Please note that Australian authorities require that visitors who have been to Kenya hold valid Yellow fever certificates upon re-entry. Our opening Hours and Contacts (Working Days) : 9.00 AM – 12.00 noon (Consular Hours) 9.00 AM – 1.00 PM and 2.00 PM – 4.00 PM (Business Hours) email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +61 2 6247 4788 Fax: +61 2 6257 6613 Physical Address: 43 Culgoa Circuit O’Malley ACT 2606 Postal Adress: Kenya High Commission Consular Services GPO Box 1990 Canberra ACT 2601 Australia